Winter Energy Saving Tips
- Keep doors and windows closed during cold weather.
- Open blinds during daylight hours to warm your home naturally.
- Setting your thermostat to 68 degrees when your home is occupied and to 55 degrees when not occupied could reduce your monthly gas usage.
- When gathered in one room, consider using a space heater to moderate the temperature and increase comfort while avoiding the use of central heating.
- Set your water heater temperature at 120 degrees or lower, this will reduce the energy needed to maintain temperature.
- Reheat leftovers using a microwave instead of a standard oven.
For more Winter Weather Tips & Winter Safety
Top Tips for Winter Weather – American Gas Association (aga.org)
Be prepared for a winter storm (ready.gov)
If you are unable to afford your heating costs, weatherization or energy-related home repairs contact LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program), www.liheap.org, for help.